- CFP Special Issue on Mary Wollstonecraft in the Journal of Gender Studies
- Deadline approaching: Bridging the Gender Gap Through Time, London, 23 February 2018.
- Talk at Boğaziçi: Fiona TOMKINSON on ‘ANNE CONWAY: Autonomy, Infinity & Gender’ (Friday, 15/09/2017)
- Paderborn 3-6 October: Autumn School on the History of Women Philosophers and Scientists
- CFA Second Budapest Seminar in Early Modern Philosophy – Personal identity, self-interpretation
Category Archives: Mary Wollstonecraft
The contributions of Mary Wollstonecraft to contemporary issues in philosophy 1-2 June 2017 Bilkent University (Room A130) Keynote speakers: Sarah Hutton (York) Hatice Nur Erkizan (Muğla) Full details and program here. Advertisements
The authors of this blog are getting together again, with some illustrious companions, to discuss the social and political philosophy of Wollstonecraft. Here is the advert, below. Please come and join in the discussion!
We like Roberta Wedge’s blog A Vindication of the Rights of Mary and anyone interested in the person of Mary Wollstonecraft will like it too.
On the 23 February 1792 Mary Wollstonecraft published A Vindication of the Rights of Woman, a book that has become a milestone in the history of political philosophy and one of the founding texts of feminist political thought. On the 220th … Continue reading
Last week was the 220th anniversary of the publication of Mary Wollstonecraft’s A Vindication of the Rights of Woman. Lena Halldenius (Lund) and Martina Reuter (Helsinki) organised a one day symposium at Lund University: Mary Wollstonecraft: Philosophy and Enlightenment. This … Continue reading