Due to the many requests of people who wanted to submit an abstract and missed the deadline, the Scientific Committee agreed to open a second (and last extension) for the Women in Pragmatism International Conference (Universitat de Barcelona, January 2020).
New deadline: 7 NOVEMBER 2019*
The call for papers is open to all women and non-binary persons working on pragmatist topics.
The aim of this conference is to celebrate the past and current work of women researching and advancing philosophy in a pragmatist tradition and highlight their ongoing contributions to specialist academic research as well as public discourse. The conference will also promote mentoring, networking, and sharing good practice between women working on any aspect of the pragmatist tradition, broadly construed. As an output and lasting legacy of the meeting, we plan to create a virtual archive of women currently engaged in research on pragmatism, which will strengthen cooperation and facilitate communication between scholars. Lastly, the reunion of women pragmatists should lead to the adoption of some resolutions to correct gender bias in research, teaching and cooperation analogous to other associations of women philosophers.
Persons who self-identify as women and gender non-conform persons are encouraged to send a 300-word abstract prepared for blind-peer review to email@example.com before the 7th of November within one of the following research areas (please give the number of the area in which you wish to be considered):
- HISTORY, GENEALOGIES OF PRAGMATISM, PRAGMATISM AND OTHER PHILOSOPHICAL TRADITIONS
- LOGIC, METAPHYSICS, EPISTEMOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE
- AESTHETICS, THEOLOGY, RELIGION, SPIRITUALITY
- PHILOSOPHY OF LANGUAGE, PHILOSOPHY OF MIND, PHILOSOPHY OF PSYCHOLOGY
- SOCIAL PHILOSOPHY, PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION, ETHICS
- GENDER, RACE, SEX, INTERSECTIONAL ANALYSIS
- POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY, PHILOSOPHY OF LAW, PHILOSOPHY AND ECONOMICS
- INTERDISCIPLINARY APPROACHES TO PRAGMATISM
Attendance is open to all persons interested in pragmatism.
The list of papers accepted in the first calls will be published the first week of November 2019 and the final program will be ready to download the first week of December.
For more information: www.womenpragmatistsbcn.wordpress.com